Oncology Friendly Services for Cancer Patients
Oncology Esthetics is an advanced field of study and involves the modification of skin care applications in order to safely work with the effects of cancer and cancer treatments.
The professional esthetics industry is demanding. Technology changes, ingredients demand recognition and new standards constantly raise the bar upward. When you consider as many as four in ten people will get cancer in their lifetime – there is a demand based on the staggering reality that 23.6 million potentially new cases of cancer each year will occur by 2030.
Boston has the best hospitals in the world bringing hope to those that are fighting. As a Stage 2 Melanoma Survivor, Kerry has been personally affected by cancer on several levels giving her a unique understanding of the physical and emotional challenges of being a cancer patient.
Patients living with, recovering from, or surviving cancer requires special treatment plans that help calm and soothe without overstimulating the lymphatic system. Treatments can be harsh on the skin, which is one of the challenges we want to help alleviate. Additionally, studies show the power of human touch, a facial, specialized massage, or even Reiki, can help reduce pain, improve mood, and reduce fatigue.
The trauma of fighting cancer and the treatments that help us survive it puts our entire bodily functions under stress. Skin health suffers when our entire bodily system is under the stress of not only fighting cancer, but the treatments that help us survive it. We are proud to offer specialized treatments to help nourish your skin and relieve as much stress as possible during such a difficult time.
- We have undergone rigorous training in order to work with you to improve extreme dryness, inflammation, and the fragile state your skin may experience.
- Unique products and therapies are used to soothe, hydrate, and strengthen skins weakened barrier.
- Self-care is a purposeful and effective stress reliever.
- A little extra compassion via human touch is never a bad idea. It’s not about being fixed, it’s about feeling better, feeling cared for, and feeling like yourself again.
- Detachment, even temporarily, is quieting and de-stressing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)